- Click for More Information and to Purchase Albums
- This book is a must-read for parents contemplating divorce, those already in the divorce process and those who have a parenting plan in place. It gives parents important insight into the issues and real needs of children. Shannon has very important knowledge and wisdom to share with parents. I will recommend this book to all my clients who are dealing with parenting plan issues.
- Albert V. Evans, Family Law Attorney since 1970
- This book is a key practical tool for parents when life is in crisis. It will help to ensure that our unresolved issues start healing and do not dim the possibility of a joyful and creative life for our children. I truly thank you for gifting this book to the world.
- Candice Bataille Popiel, coparent of a 7 and 8 year-old and co-author of Discovery of Glow
- Shannon Rios' personal experience, research, and professional expertise offer compassion and respect to divorced and separated parents. If parents read The Fatal 7 Mistakes and apply all the practical tips this book offers, they will get along better with their parenting partners, heal from their divorce faster and help their children come through the divorce with their self-esteem intact. This book will help ensure families achieve emotional health despite these life-changing events.
- Jody Johnston Pawel, author of the award-winning book The Parent's Toolshop: The Universal Blueprint for Building a Healthy Family
- Shannon comes from personal experience and from the heart in her deep desire to help children of divorcing parents. Parents - read this book! You CAN move through the divorce process without injuring your children!
- Margaret Paul, Ph.D., author/coauthor of "Healing Your Aloneness", Inner Bonding, "Do I Have To Give Up Me To Be Loved By You?", and Do I Have To Give Up Me To Be Loved By God?.
- As a mother of a 7 yr. old, going through a divorce, my main concern is the well-being of my child. This book was a godsend! It has helped me be the best mom for my son, while going through this difficult process."
- Katy, mother of a 7 yr old.
This wonderful book should be required reading and writing for every divorced or never married parent. It also should be on the bookshelf of every mediator, counselor or attorney helping separated parents raise happier kids.
Dr. Shirley Thomas, Two Happy Homes: A Working Guide for Parents & Stepparents After Divorce and Remarriage and Parents are Forever: A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming Successful Coparents After Divorce
Don't let the word Fatal in the title scare you, when you look inside, you will find Shannon Rios's book to be one of the best parenting after divorce books ever written. She has understanding, compassion, and an uncanny understanding of what children � and parents � need. I have seen many divorce books during the past 25 years, and while they are all helpful in varying degrees, if every parent could read Shannon's book, most of the problem suffered by children as an outcome of their parents' divorce would be substantially eased. This book should be required reading in all divorce classes."
David L. Levy, Esq., President, Board of Trustees, Children's Rights Council
For the divorced or separated parent who wants to raise emotionally safe and secure children: this book could be exactly what you are looking for. This book was easy to read, yet practically applicable, capable of bringing out the subtle actions and words that parents, hurting from their own divorce experience, may not realize are inadvertently hurting their children.
David Meggitt, Manager, Colorado Children's Program Betty Ford Institute
Parents of separation, divorce and conflict will find this book an invaluable and treasured guide�it's filled with heart-felt, sage, and practical advice. Shannon Rios shows parents how to ask themselves and their children questions that optimize healing and growth, even during times of conflict and difficulty. Children whose parents read this book will be lucky indeed!"--
- Marilee Adams, Ph.D. Author, Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 10 Powerful Tools for Life and Work
Every so often someone comes along with the rare ability to see things differently and in doing so, changes our lives forever. Suddenly, issues that seemed so difficult to understand and actions that seemed too painful to take, begin to open up to an entirely new understanding that shifts our consciousness and heals our soul! It is this clarity of vision that Shannon Rios brings to her latest work. You owe it to yourself to read this powerful new book but more importantly, you owe it to your children.
- Jeffrey Alan Hall, Author Speaker Teacher, www.jeffreyalenhall.com, A Course in Miracles
Divorced and divorcing parents and their children, regardless of age, will see themselves in this book. They will also recognize the author knows how easy it is to be ensnared in the traps she describes and how difficult it is to avoid them. She provides many prompts for improving self-awareness and exercises to aid management of tendencies harmful to children. Those able to follow at least some of her suggestions should be richly rewarded by improvement in the health and happiness of their children as well themselves.
Bonnie W. Camp, MD, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Pediatrics and Psychiatry
University of Colorado School of Medicine
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Here are the next scheduled classes (each of these has a duration of 4 hours,
and registration begins 15 minutes before the start of the class):
- 02/21/2017 4:30 (PM) at Front Range Community College (4 hours) - This class is FULL!
- 02/28/2017 4:30 (PM) at Front Range Community College (4 hours)
- 03/07/2017 4:30 (PM) at Front Range Community College (4 hours)
- 03/18/2017 12:30 (PM) at Front Range Community College (4 Hours) SATURDAY CLASS
Please do NOT contact the college for information
Click here for directions for each of these destinations.
Timberline Room Map
clic para el infomation en español.
You can call 303-720-6534.
Para la clase en español, no es necesario registrarse previamente.
Para la clase en español, llame : 720-441-3511
Class Price: $60 per parent.
This adult-only, highly interactive class will be taught by highly trained professionals
who have years of classroom facilitation experience. You will leave the
course with the following documents:
- Coparent Job Description
- Children's Rights
- Parent's Promise
- Children's Promise
- Parenting Time Schedules
- Sample Parenting Plan
- Assess your coparenting skills
- Assess your level of conflict and learn skills to decrease your levels of conflict if necessary
- Learn skills to assist you in doing one of the most important jobs of your life well - parenting your child with your coparent
- Your behavior can impact your child's emotional and physical health
- What skills you need to know to help ensure your child is emotionally and physically healthy
- You love your child and want to act in their best interest so they can live their best life possible
- That is why we designed and deliver this course.
BEFORE CLASS: You can pay via credit card online on this site (paypal and you do NOT have to have a paypal account to pay with them).
AT THE DOOR: We only accept cash/money order at the door. You can not pay via credit card at the class. The cost for a class is $60.
RESCHEDULING/CANCELLATIONS: You must cancel within 3 days of the class (72 hours) to receive a full refund if you cannot attend. If you cancel prior to the 72 hour limit and have paid online, fill out the contact form
and email it to us for a refund. If you need to change the date of your class, you will be assessed a $5 change/admin fee.
If you encounter any problems or need to register via phone,
please call 303 720 6534 and be sure to leave a message with your name and number.
PLEASE NOTE: There is NO Childcare provided during the class. Please make alternate
arrangements for your children.
If you lose your certificate, you can email us via the contact form. There will be a
$25 fee for any lost certificate. Please take a photo of your certificate when you
receive it in class.
Message from the founder, Shannon R. Rios MS LMFT
I facilitate this course because I want to help ensure you learn the skills
that will assist you to be the very best parent possible for your child
during this family transition and going forward into the future. My goal is
that every parent leaves this class saying "that class was priceless".
All of us at Strategies for Healthy Families know you and your child can
move through this life change successfully and want to partner with you to
ensure that happens. Your success is our success and we look forward to
seeing you in the class. We wish you and your family the very best.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
You can also sign up for the newsletter
Be The Change
- Let all of us, in our own unique way, recommit ourselves to the
search for the pebbles of change that can be cast into the social
pond. Let us create a divorce process that recycles divorce
pain into new patterns of personal and familial growth which,
in turn, will also strengthen our entire society. Let us protect
our children from the unnecessary hazards of the divorce
experience so that they, like their parents, can be strengthened
by divorce rather than defeated by it. And let us never forget
that if the lights go out in our children’s eyes, be they children
of divorce or any other children, we will all live in darkness.
- —Meyer Elkin, Editor AFCC